With this Challenge, we propose developing skills to address the diversity of students, which depends on our ability, in practice, to respect the logic of each discipline, students’ different rhythms and methods of learning in each classroom, and of creating well sequenced planning that favours interdisciplinarity and transdisciplinarity, to obtain flexible and contextualised teaching.
24 hours approx. on the Platform (Theory)
21 hours approx. in the Classroom (Practice)
* Escalae Chair for Educational Innovation of the University of Malaga
Special prices for education centres: contact us at email@example.com
Registration and payment:
Register* and you can begin to use the Platform and be part of our TeachersPro professional learning community.
*Remember we offer free registration and access. At TeachersPro you only pay for the Challenges, which you can always access from your own portfolio.
Developing the following skills:
Determine the sequencing and timing of content, taking the logical and natural sequence of daily activities as a reference, as well as students’ diversity.
Determine the relationship of the content they teach with that of other areas, taking students’ knowledge into consideration.
Design educational intervention proposals that can be modified as they are delivered, depending on the interaction with students, their interests and contributions, as well as the intended learning objectives.
Addressing Diversity enables the teacher to respond to students’ diverse education needs and abilities in a globalised educational context, through the sequencing and planning of curriculum content that essentially respond to the logic of each discipline and the diversity of students’ learning abilities.
This Challenge enables the teacher to develop flexible and coherent teaching that adapts to students’ learning paces, to meet all the needs that arise daily in the classroom.
The basic learning material in Addressing Diversity comprises descriptions of situations for practical application and an extensive library of resources to study this approach in depth.
The Addressing Diversity Challenge enables:
- A response to students’ diverse education needs and abilities in a globalised educational context,
- Sequencing and planning of curriculum content that essentially respond to the logic of each discipline and the diversity of students’ learning abilities.
- The development of flexible and coherent teaching that adapts to students’ learning paces, to meet all the needs that arise daily in the classroom.
- Learning to integrate knowledge arising from different areas of the curriculum
- Discovery of the value of the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary approach, as means that enable the development of cognitive structures that are useful, flexible and can be adapted to the abilities and knowledge of each student.
- The development of flexible planning of the education action, as the means to achieve learning and attain the institutional educational purposes, depending on the reality of the classroom
- Implementation of activities in a flexible and intelligent manner; discovering students’ educational needs throughout the teaching practice and responding with the educational teaching intervention that each case requires, depending on their own training needs.
Through a personalised self-analysis, we will analyse and propose the course that best suits you, to first work on the skills you need most to develop your teaching competencies following your chosen Challenge.
We will propose:
- Practical case studies and different scenarios of educational practice
- Theory relating to the subject matter
- Proposal for application in your classroom or work environment
- Indications, suggestions and examples to implement real practice, gather evidence and share it with other colleagues.
TeachersPro is designed to develop teaching skills and competencies through interaction with other peers, expanding professional criteria through effective studying and sharing of practical situations in diverse contexts.
Our great commitment is that you can share your acquired knowledge and learning with the TeachersPro community comprising colleagues from different parts of the world, that you see yourself as a potential tutor for other teachers, and other participants as potential tutors for your own training.
You can ask for help through the TeachersPro community, as well as sharing your ideas and evidence of your practice, creating an exchange of knowledge that benefits everyone.
If needed, you can always turn to our team of expert tutors to give you constructive and rigorous feedback on your own evidence. You can sign up for this service on the Platform whenever you need it.
You will also have the chance to review the portfolios of other teachers with whom you share common interests and share evidence of your work on the TeachersPro Platform.
TeachersPro certifies the knowledge you acquire through a badge system. If you wish, at the end of each Learning Challenge you can obtain a professional teaching certificate for the competency you have completed through a specific tutor, and recognition from Finland University (the most important consortium of public universities in Finland).