This challenge will facilitate the formulation and development of learning to achieve effective time management and to meet students’ individual learning needs, designing experiences and using constructive feedback, while learning to apply coaching techniques, active listening strategies and questions that contain stimulating challenges in individual or group conversations, which enable, encourage and improve learning.
24 hours approx. on the Platform (Theory)
21 hours approx. in the Classroom (Practice)
* Escalae Chair for Educational Innovation of the University of Malaga
Special prices for education centres: contact us at email@example.com
Registration and payment:
Register* and you can begin to use the Platform and be part of our TeachersPro professional learning community.
*Remember we offer free registration and access. At TeachersPro you only pay for the Challenges, which you can always access from your own portfolio.
Developing the following skills:
Develop educational coaching techniques through one-to-one and group conversations that enable learning and development to improve, through an increase in self-awareness and the sense of personal responsibility, in which the teacher facilitates students’ self-learning through active listening and questions that suitably challenge them in a stimulating and supportive environment.
Design learning experiences to meet students’ individual needs, recognising their differences and adjusting the teaching accordingly, personalised activities and projects, creating one-to-one sessions and small group activities.
Know and use constructive feedback techniques, both in the classroom and in professional contexts.
The Coaching in the Classroom Challenge enables the teacher to learn about and apply a series of educational coaching techniques and skills to accompany each student, from a responsible teaching approach, that allows students to have greater self-awareness and develop a sense of responsibility towards self-paced learning, by practising a system of active listening and questions that suitably challenge them in a stimulating and supportive environment.
This Challenge entails making an effort to recognise individual characteristics, for which it is necessary to apply methodological principles of differentiated education, through observation and interaction with students, to discover their own ways of being and learning (abilities, limitations, interests, etc.), in order to offer them diverse strategies and the most suitable activities for their method of learning, and to do this in a decisive, effective and creative way.
The basic learning material in the Coaching in the Classroom Challenge comprises descriptions of situations for practical application and an extensive library of resources to study this approach in depth.
The Coaching in the Classroom Challenge enables:
- The learning and development of the skill to deal with each student’s learning needs
- Recognition of individual characteristics, using methodological principles of differentiated learning, through observation
- Interaction with students to discover their own ways of being and learning (abilities, limitations, interests, etc.), to offer them diverse strategies and the most suitable activities for their method of learning.
- Systematic application of positive and constructive feedback for each student that helps them feel motivated, to learn, develop skills, and discover their learning potential to make the most of their possibilities.
- Encouragement of each student to feel they are accepted as a person and suitably stimulated to achieve their goals as a student.
Through a personalised self-analysis, we will analyse and propose the course that best suits you, to first work on the skills you need most to develop your teaching competencies following your chosen Challenge.
We will propose:
- Practical case studies and different scenarios of educational practice
- Theory relating to the subject matter
- Proposal for application in your classroom or work environment
- Indications, suggestions and examples to implement real practice, gather evidence and share it with other colleagues.
TeachersPro is designed to develop teaching skills and competencies through interaction with other peers, expanding professional criteria through effective studying and sharing of practical situations in diverse contexts.
Our great commitment is that you can share your acquired knowledge and learning with the TeachersPro community comprising colleagues from different parts of the world, that you see yourself as a potential tutor for other teachers, and other participants as potential tutors for your own training.
You can ask for help through the TeachersPro community, as well as sharing your ideas and evidence of your practice, creating an exchange of knowledge that benefits everyone.
If needed, you can always turn to our team of expert tutors to give you constructive and rigorous feedback on your own evidence. You can sign up for this service on the Platform whenever you need it.
You will also have the chance to review the portfolios of other teachers with whom you share common interests and share evidence of your work on the TeachersPro Platform.
TeachersPro certifies the knowledge you acquire through a badge system. If you wish, at the end of each Learning Challenge you can obtain a professional teaching certificate for the competency you have completed through a specific tutor, and recognition from Finland University (the most important consortium of public universities in Finland).