This challenge will allow you to develop the skill of applying organisational structures and dynamics for peer-to-peer interaction, which facilitate awareness, management and reflection on emotions to promote educational communication that enables the necessary environment of safety and trust to be created for students’ effective participation and involvement in classroom decision-making.
24 hours approx. on the Platform (Theory)
21 hours approx. in the Classroom (Practice)
* Escalae Chair for Educational Innovation of the University of Malaga
Special prices for education centres: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and payment:
Register* and you can begin to use the Platform and be part of our TeachersPro professional learning community.
*Remember we offer free registration and access. At TeachersPro you only pay for the Challenges, which you can always access from your own portfolio.
Developing the following skills:
Promote peer learning through stable (fixed) or flexible cooperative teams, the designation of student “tutors” who specifically support one or more students during a certain time, and other classroom organisation strategies based on peer support.
Establish interpersonal relationships where students need to manage their emotions, designing and doing exercises and reflections that promote awareness of their own emotions, as well as activities that promote awareness of the influence of their own emotions on others.
Promote channels of learning communication that regulate the processes of negotiation, participation and creation in the activities, through actions in which students can share the education objectives, content and activities, such as, for example, the use of assembly, representatives, delegates and monitors, as well as other systematic participatory strategies.
The command of the Learning Environment enables the teacher to stimulate students’ participation and involvement so significant learning occurs. But not any kind of participation is enough; positive interaction among students that allows them to help each other and attain the proposed learning objectives, beyond the teacher’s direct action, can only be achieved when dynamics are designed and applied with defined roles, in both stable and flexible groups.
This Challenge enables the teacher to make students feel they have the necessary emotional security, designing and carrying out exercises that promote reflection and awareness of their own and others’ emotions, and how they affect and influence on learning processes.
The basic learning material in the Learning Environment Challenge comprises descriptions of situations for practical application and an extensive library of resources to study this approach in depth.
The Learning Environment Challenge enables:
- Students’ participation and involvement in the learning so significant learning occurs.
- The design and application of dynamics with defined roles, in both stable and flexible groups, to achieve positive interaction among students that allows them to help each other and attain the proposed learning objectives, beyond the teacher’s direct action.
- Students to feel they have the necessary emotional security, designing and carrying out exercises that promote reflection and awareness of their own and others’ emotions, and how they affect and influence on learning processes.
- The use of channels of learning communication that regulate the processes of negotiation, participation and involvement of students in all areas, and, above all, in making decisions on the way the training and learning activities are implemented.
- Stable and systematic structures for class participation to be established.
Through a personalised self-analysis, we will analyse and propose the course that best suits you, to first work on the skills you need most to develop your teaching competencies following your chosen Challenge.
We will propose:
- Practical case studies and different scenarios of educational practice
- Theory relating to the subject matter
- Proposal for application in your classroom or work environment
- Indications, suggestions and examples to implement real practice, gather evidence and share it with other colleagues.
TeachersPro is designed to develop teaching skills and competencies through interaction with other peers, expanding professional criteria through effective studying and sharing of practical situations in diverse contexts.
Our great commitment is that you can share your acquired knowledge and learning with the TeachersPro community comprising colleagues from different parts of the world, that you see yourself as a potential tutor for other teachers, and other participants as potential tutors for your own training.
You can ask for help through the TeachersPro community, as well as sharing your ideas and evidence of your practice, creating an exchange of knowledge that benefits everyone.
If needed, you can always turn to our team of expert tutors to give you constructive and rigorous feedback on your own evidence. You can sign up for this service on the Platform whenever you need it.
You will also have the chance to review the portfolios of other teachers with whom you share common interests and share evidence of your work on the TeachersPro Platform.
TeachersPro certifies the knowledge you acquire through a badge system. If you wish, at the end of each Learning Challenge you can obtain a professional teaching certificate for the competency you have completed through a specific tutor, and recognition from Finland University (the most important consortium of public universities in Finland).