This challenge will provide you with the necessary learning to progress in the competency-based design, scheduling and assessment of the curriculum learning, which respects and responds to the necessary transversality, producing realistic and suitable planning for the time available and students’ abilities, so that they can develop their ability to apply what they have learnt to their own context.
24 hours approx. on the Platform (Theory)
21 hours approx. in the Classroom (Practice)
* Escalae Chair for Educational Innovation of the University of Malaga
Special prices for education centres: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration and payment:
Register* and you can begin to use the Platform and be part of our TeachersPro professional learning community.
*Remember we offer free registration and access. At TeachersPro you only pay for the Challenges, which you can always access from your own portfolio.
Developing the following skills:
Design learning experiences connected to the learning objectives, taking into account students’ rates and needs as well as the time and demands of the curriculum, to work on and obtain the proposed competencies.
Determine the objectives of the teaching units depending on the available time, taking the student’s learning capability as the reference.
Develop the ability to schedule, teach and assess cross-curricular content in accordance with the education context.
Competency-based Planning enables the teacher to adapt educational activities to the available learning time, taking the learning abilities of their students as a basic reference and improving the vision of the curriculum content or subjects, to schedule, teach and comprehensively assess, in other words, respecting the transversal and interdisciplinary nature in which knowledge naturally presents itself in reality.
This Challenge enables the teacher to develop a broad view of their education planning so that it meets the intended learning objectives that the education centre aims for with its education programme.
The basic learning material in the Competency-based Planning Challenge comprises descriptions of cases studies relating to this teaching activity and an extensive library of resources to study this approach in depth.
The Competency-based Planning Challenge enables:
- Planning of education actions and activities to be carried out in the school and the classroom, designed, scheduled and, above all, aligned to attain the learning objectives set by the education community in each school.
- Adaptation of educational activities to the available learning time, taking the learning abilities of their students as a basic reference
- Improving the vision of the curriculum content or subjects, to schedule, teach and comprehensively assess, in other words, respecting the transversal and interdisciplinary nature in which knowledge naturally presents itself in reality.
- The contextual reference to be taken into account for the development of truly competent people for the society in which they live.
Through a personalised self-analysis, we will analyse and propose the course that best suits you, to first work on the skills you need most to develop your teaching competencies following your chosen Challenge.
We will propose:
- Practical case studies and different scenarios of educational practice
- Theory relating to the subject matter
- Proposal for application in your classroom or work environment
- Indications, suggestions and examples to implement real practice, gather evidence and share it with other colleagues.
TeachersPro is designed to develop teaching skills and competencies through interaction with other peers, expanding professional criteria through effective studying and sharing of practical situations in diverse contexts.
Our great commitment is that you can share your acquired knowledge and learning with the TeachersPro community comprising colleagues from different parts of the world, that you see yourself as a potential tutor for other teachers, and other participants as potential tutors for your own training.
You can ask for help through the TeachersPro community, as well as sharing your ideas and evidence of your practice, creating an exchange of knowledge that benefits everyone.
If needed, you can always turn to our team of expert tutors to give you constructive and rigorous feedback on your own evidence. You can sign up for this service on the Platform whenever you need it.
You will also have the chance to review the portfolios of other teachers with whom you share common interests and share evidence of your work on the TeachersPro Platform.
TeachersPro certifies the knowledge you acquire through a badge system. If you wish, at the end of each Learning Challenge you can obtain a professional teaching certificate for the competency you have completed through a specific tutor, and recognition from Finland University (the most important consortium of public universities in Finland).